Maureen was born and raised in Newtown. Maureen is the 11th generation in Newtown. She grew up on Glover Avenue which land was once owned by her great-grandfather, William Glover. Maureen and her husband, Cramer, live just three miles from her family home on Glover Avenue, where her mother still resides.
Fairfield University: Paralegal Certificate 1993
Newtown Public Schools: Hawley School – Newtown High School
- Newtown Savings Bank, Incorporator (2017-present)
- Newtown Community Center Advisory Committee, Appointed Member (2016-present)
- Connecticut Cemetery Association, Director (2016-present)
- Newtown Board of Assessment Appeals, Elected Member (2011-present)
- Newtown Parks and Recreation Commission, Appointed Member (2007-present)
- Newtown Country Club Realty Corp., President, and Director (2009-Present); Vice President and Director (2007-2009)
- Newtown Village Cemetery Association, Inc., President, and Sexton (2004-Present); Secretary and Director (1997-2004)
- Borough of Newtown Zoning Commission, Appointed Clerk (1996-present)
- Borough of Newtown Zoning Board of Appeals, Appointed Clerk (1996-present)
Since 2015 Maureen has been employed by Newtown Volunteer Ambulance Association, Inc. as their Office Administrator with a concentration on the day-to-day business operations.
For the majority of her career, Maureen was a paralegal working for small to mid-size law firms. Prior to joining Newtown Volunteer Ambulance, she worked for Porzio Law Offices, LLC for five years where she was Office Manager and Paralegal. As Office Manager, Maureen established policies and procedures, improved cash flow by the efficient collection of accounts receivable and supervised staff.
Prior to that, she worked for Christopher G. Winans, P.C., Debis Financial Services, Inc. Baker, Moots & Pellegrini, P.C. and Cohen and Wolf, P.C. Throughout her legal career, she specialized in family law, commercial and residential real estate, corporate and general litigation.